Sleep problems are common and do not have a single cause. Insomnia, for example, is not a disease. There is no single definition of insomnia that applies to all people with that problem. Multiple aspects are at play in any given person’s sleep problem, including stress and anxiety levels. Sleeplessness itself varies dramatically from person to person, with some people struggling to fall asleep (latency) and others struggling to stay asleep, alongside physical urges like needing to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, hot flashes, or suffering with pain. Pulsed electromagnetic fields can help improve the quantity and quality of sleep. Why do we need PEMFs for sleep?
DANGERS OF LACK OF SLEEP
There are many risks to not sleeping steadily or deeply for 7 or more hours a night. Here is a short list:
- Sleepiness causes accidents.
- Sleep loss dumbs you down.
- Lack of sleep leads to serious health problems, including heart problems, high blood pressure, stroke, and diabetes. About 90% of people with insomnia also have another health condition.
- Lack of sleep kills your sex drive.
- Depression is 5 times more likely in people who don’t get enough sleep compared to people who get their 7 hours.
- Poor sleeping ages your skin by reducing growth hormone production during deep sleep.
- Lack of sleep leads to increased forgetfulness caused by lack of storing long-term memories during deep sleep.
- Weight gain is increased in 30% of people who sleep less than 6 hours a day.
- The risk of death doubles for those sleeping less than 5 hours a day.
- Sleepiness impairs judgment even if you think you’re doing fine on less sleep.
Reasoning for using PEMFs for sleep
Some of the commonly used medications for helping with sleep have been shown to increase the risk of dementia even after only a few weeks of use. We all need a better safe solution for helping with sleep, this is why we should use PEMFs for sleep. Brainwave patterns in people without sleep would become abnormal. There are four basic brainwave patterns:
Beta is awake alertness. Alpha is a relaxed mind. Theta is light sleep or deep meditation and Delta is deep sleep. Deep sleep is essential to health and basic sleep problems are falling asleep and staying asleep, with the most common being staying asleep. One way to help with sleep problems safely and without drugs is to tune the brainwaves coaxing the brain into Delta sleep using magnetic deep sleep frequencies a number of research studies have been shown using magnetic field sleep frequencies that change the brainwaves and help people sleep better.
Studies have shown that pulsed electromagnetic therapies can support better sleep
One study using higher intensity magnetic fields even found them to be better than medication or counseling. Other researchers found that continuous magnetic stimulation through the night improves sleep better than irregular stimulation. I use a portable battery-operated PEMF device called the Flex Pulse all night long under my pillow or under my head set at the deep sleep frequency 3 Hertz. I started using this device because my sleep patterns were not consistent and my ability to stay focused during the day was affected. I have never slept as well as I do now that I used my Flex Pulse every night all night. In addition, other family members even children, can safely use the Flex Pulse for sleep. It’s also used for various aches and pains you can read more about the Flex pulse and PEMFs for sleep at drpawluk.com.
So, even though low-frequency pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMFs) can be very helpful for enhancing and maintaining sleep, these benefits can be easily undone by environmental high-frequency EMFs. Stresses, whether physiologic or emotional, can affect circadian rhythms (the roughly 24-hour cycle of the body).
It’s one thing to say that PEMFs can help with sleep, but it’s much better if this is supported by research. A number of research studies have been carried out using magnetic fields to help with sleep.